We all use social media nowadays. Well, maybe not everyone, but at least a huge amount of the population does. The question is no longer if we use it, but why. And this is exactly what Global Web Index looked into.
So what is your main reason for being active on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network? Apparently, most of us use them to stay in touch with others, but also to stay updated on what is going on in the world around us.
What Are The Top 10 Reasons For Using Social Media?
- 1. To stay in touch with what friends are doing
- 2. To stay up-to-date with news and current events
- 3. To fill up spare time
- 4. To find funny or entertaining content
- 5. To share opinions
- 6. To share photos or videos with others
- 7. Because friends are already on them
- 8. General networking with other people
- 9. To meet new people
- 10. To share details of our everyday life
It is very interesting how most of the top reasons are all linked to what we call “passive networking” – that means users who come to social media to consume content rather than actively contributing to the stories.