Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! Instagram started allowing users to post across multiple account at the same time and updated its API to allow for direct video scheduling.
Instagram made most of the headlines this week. The world’s favorite photo app is now letting users to post to multiple accounts at the same time, and upgraded its API to allow direct video scheduling. The former has raised questions about how spam accounts will have it easier to flood our feeds. But overall, social media managers across the world welcomed the update, as it will save them time when publishing across similar branded properties.
Other mobile-first app to make the news this week: WhatsApp. The messaging app could be releasing a dark mode soon, following on a trend launched by Twitter.
Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Dark Mode On WhatsApp Coming Soon?
- Instagram Now Lets You Post On Multiple Accounts At The Same Time
- TikTok’s Two “Lite” Apps Have Over 12 Million Downloads Since August
- Instagram Updates API To Allow Direct Video Scheduling
- Snapchat: How The Apps You Use Impact Your Daily Life And Emotions
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Happy new year everyone!