Yes, women seem to be winning the battle of the sexes on Social Media. Not only they are more popular – they have more friends and more interactions on their timeline – they also are more active, according to a recent research by QuickSprout.
Women are especially leading in visual social networks such as Instagram or Pinterest, while men tend to focus on more “tech” networks like LinkedIn and Google+.
Also Read: The Pinterest Power of Women
Check out this very interesting infographic from QuickSprout. It compares the presence and activity of Men and Women throughout social media.
Key Points To Take Away
- – 76% of women internet users are active on social media
- – 69% of women use social media to stay in touch with friends
- – Women have 55% more posts on their Facebook timeline than men
- – On average, women have 8% more friends on Facebook than men
- – Women use Twitter and Instagram more than men do
- – 33% of women internet users are on Pinterest, that’s almost 4 times more than men
- – Men use LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+ more than women
- 30+ Social Media Stats You Need To Know [infographic]
- Men vs Women on Instagram
- Facebook Will Review Its Real Name Policy
You might also like
More from Social Fun
Veriforever Lets You Commemorate Your Twitter Verification Forever
Veriforever is a web app that lets you create a personalized plaque to commemorate your Twitter verification. Before Elon takes …
This Amazing Video Compares How Deep The Oceans Are With Famous Landmarks
It's hard to realize how deep the oceans are until you compare their depth with famous landmarks like The Eiffel …
Google Japan Unveils An Insane 5-Foot Long Keyboard
The “Key Bou” is an insane 5-foot straight bar keyboard designed by Google to promote its virtual GBoard, available on …
Fisher-Price’s Iconic Chatter Telephone Can Now Make Real Calls
Fisher-Price is bringing back its beloved Chatter Telephone and enabling it to make and receive real calls with Bluetooth.
Balenciaga Premiers Its Spring Collection In An Episode Of The Simpsons
Balenciaga celebrated the return to fashion events with an entertaining cartoon representation and a live show that disrupts the norm.
New Unicode Standard Version Brings 37 New Emoji
The Unicode Consortium has finalized drafts for its latest Standard version, adding 838 characters - among them, 37 new emoji.
Halloween: Become A True Impostor With The Official Among Us Costumes
If you are looking for a fun, easy-going, and funny costume for Halloween, why not become a true Among Us …