Marketing is changing. Social Media gave a voice to consumers, it helped them take control of the way brands communicate and promote their products to them. Nowadays, opinion leaders are called influencers and they, more often than not, share their influence on social media.
The guys over a Yokoco, a tactical interactive agency, have put together an infographic that draws an accurate picture of how Word of Mouth has grown to be a leading force in marketing products to the masses.
Key Points To Remember:
- – 96% of people have given a word of mouth referral to someone
- – 93% of consumers have been introduced to a new business/brand via word of mouth
- – 9 out of 10 people, who were referred to a business, checked it out online before making contact
- – 43% checked business on LinkedIn following a word of mouth referral
- – Websites, reviews and social media profiles are the main ways people check out a business
Check out the infographic from Yokoco:
- Instagram’s Engagement Is 50 Times Higher Than Twitter’s
- The Complete Guide To Social Media Etiquette
- Hot Social Media Trend Of 2015: Influencer Marketing
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.