Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! Instagram might not be as egg-citing as it used to be, and Slack’s new logo got many talking.
Sad week for Instagram lovers. An egg, or rather, a stock photo of an egg has become the most liked post ever on the platform. For an app that once was home to all our personal moments, this week’s record shows the danger of Instagram becoming an uninspired platform, home of the like hunters.
Well at least, thanks to Slack’s new logo, the egg did not manage to control the conversation for more than a couple of days. The business messaging app received strange feedback for it s new logo design. Want to know more?
Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- An Egg Is Now Instagram’s Most-Liked Post Ever
- Twitter Is Considering Going Back To Being A Messaging App
- Amazon Launches IMDb Freedive; A Free Streaming Service Supported By Ads
- Instagram Updates API To Allow Direct Video Scheduling
- Slack Has A New Logo And There Might Be Something Really Wrong With It
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Happy new year everyone!