Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. It’s here, and by “It” I mean IGTV, the new long-form content app from Instagram. Have you tried it yet? You can’t miss it really…
Surely that is big news. You can now post videos up to an hour long on Instagram, or more precisely, on its sister, yet very integrated, new app called IGTV. I know it might sound weird, but many vloggers are actually considering moving their efforts on to the platform now that it supports long-form content. No, it will not cause the end of YouTube, but it surely will hurt Snapchat a little more.
Yet, it might not even be the biggest news of the week. As far as I am concerned, the test Facebook started conducting with paid subscriptions for Groups is even bigger than IGTV. It literally opens up a new revenue channel for both creators and Facebook itself.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Facebook Introduces A Paid Subscription Model For Groups
- This New Tool Calculates The “True Reach” Of Influencers
- How To Make Sure Your Facebook Ads Are Always Approved
- Instagram Reaches 1 Billion Users, Launches IGTV Standalone App
- Youtube Is Launching A New Creative Suite For Marketers
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!