I’ve been searching for some intriguing stats regarding LinkedIn, especially since its recent announcement of reaching 300 million members worldwide, showing evidently its skyrocketing power, stamina and future dynamics. Lots were found revealing its investment importance when it comes to Job-search, HR, Business Development, Sales, Promotions, Marketing, PR & Communications, etc. So let’s evaluate its FIRE!
Also Read: 80% of Social Media B2B Leads Come From LinkedIn
- 1. LinkedIn launch date: May 5, 2003 and reached 3,500 users after just 1 month! – This is way before Facebook – have you thought of that?
- 2. LinkedIn has offices in 27 different cities (Last update 18/04/2014)
- 3. Number of LinkedIn full-time employees: more than 5,000 (Last update 06/02/2014)
- 4. Number of total users: 300 million (Last update 18/04/2014)
- 5. Number of users in the U.S.: 100 million (Last update 18/04/2014)
- 6. Percentage of users outside U.S.: 67% (Last update 18/04/2014)
- 7. Number of monthly unique visitors: 187 million (Last update 06/02/2014)
- 8. Geographical reach of LinkedIn: 200 countries and territories (Last update 23/10/2013)
- 9. Number of languages LinkedIn is available in: 22 (Last update 06/02/2014)
- 10. Percentage of LinkedIn unique visits via mobile: 41% (Last update 25/02/2014)
- 11. Percentage of users that check LinkedIn daily: 40% (Last update 02/07/2013)
- 12. Total number of Groups: 2.1 million (Last update 25/03/2013)
- 13. Total number of Company Pages: 3 million (Last update 27/06/2013)
- 14. Total number of Products & Services showcased on LinkedIn company pages: 1.2 million (Last update 27/06/2013) – unfortunately they vanished in 14/04/2014 but we still have Showcase Pages to exploit!
- 15. Most engaged Company Page: Mashable (Last update 27/06/2013)
- 16. Discussions per minute occurring in LinkedIn Groups: 200 (Last update 22/08/2013)
- 17. Number of new groups created weekly: 8,000 (Last update 22/08/2013) – businesses realize more and more each day, Groups’ value!
- 18. Monthly average time a user spends on LinkedIn: 17 minutes (Last update 28/11/2012)
- 19. Total number of LinkedIn endorsements: 1 billion (Last update 17/03/2013) – the most misinterpreted feature of all! The key to this feature is: if you want to be searchable, display there your key-word skills in a “strategic” sequence!
- 20. LinkedIn‘s growth in web traffic referrals from 09/2012-09/2013: +34,51% (Last update 16/10/2013)
- 21. Number of LinkedIn users in the ME (10m), Asia (50m), India (24m), Australia (5m), China (4m), Europe (65m) (Last update 11/02/2014)
- 22. Wall Street’s estimated value of each LinkedIn user: $84 (Last update 07/02/2014)
- 23. Number of publishers that feed LinkedIn Pulse: 1.5 million (Last update 14/03/2014); +1, our WeRSM Founder!
- 24. Most-used adjective in LinkedIn profiles in 2013: “Responsible”; in 2012 & 2011: “Creative” (Last update 11/12/2013)
- 25. Percentage of LinkedIn users that use it at least once a day: 13% (Last update 30/12/2013);
All these demographics, statistics and numbers have been found through LinkedIn’s official press center, Social Bakers and a collection of other data (visit DMR’s site if you need more crazy stats!).
- 7 Smart Habits of Successful Job Seekers on LinkedIn [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Brings More Advertising Solutions to Mobile Users
- Payments Through Facebook? Sounds Like A Plan!
You might also like
More from LinkedIn
Do LinkedIn Pods Work? Performance Insights And Key Learnings
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out what LinkedIn pods are and whether they actually …
LinkedIn Rolls Out Focused Inbox
With Focused Inbox, LinkedIn wants to help you engage in the conversations that matter most.LinkedIn is rolling out a new …
LinkedIn Publishes New Guide For Technology Marketers
LinkedIn Marketing's team has put together a resources toolkit specifically for technology marketers, filled with tips on how to generate …
LinkedIn Unveils New Podcast Network
LinkedIn is debuting a new "Podcast Network" featuring a program of audio conversations from a variety of industry-leading experts.
LinkedIn Lets Some Users Block Political Posts
LinkedIn's CEO has confirmed that some US users will be able to switch off political posts and prevent them from …
LinkedIn Sales Solutions Introduces Three New Features
LinkedIn has just added three new features that improve its Sales Navigator tool, its search experience, and home page.
LinkedIn Is Retiring Its LinkedIn Lite App
LinkedIn Lite will be sunset in March, as global internet connectivity increases and the platform struggles to add tools to …
LinkedIn Tests New Privacy-Conscious Approaches To Ad Targeting
LinkedIn is testing new, privacy-friendly ways for B2B marketers to collect data and target audiences on its platform and third-party …