Welcome to this week’s top social media stories: Zuckerberg pulls the plug on publishers, Vine 2 is almost here, Logan Paul is done and Facebook shuts down ‘M’, before it even leaves Beta.
It’s here, Facebook biggest – and scariest – News Feed change is upon us. On Thursday, Mark Zuckerberg announced that Facebook will be changing drastically: more friends, less publishers and less brands. He even said he expects this to lower the amount of time people spent on the platform… So why did he do it? The announcement caused a real panic, with over 70 million shares being exchanged on the stock market that day, causing the share value to go down by almost 5%… Is it time we looked for another platform?
Maybe, it will also allow Facebook to be “reborn” as a better version of itself. Like Vine 2, which has been announced this week. Platforms have a tough choice to make: get better, or die. Which one will it be for Facebook?
- Facebook’s Biggest News Feed Change Is Here: A Confession
- Tinder’s Former Leadership Team Launches Ripple
- Vine 2 Is Almost Here And Logan Paul Is Already Banned From It
- Facebook Shuts Down ‘M’ Before It Even Leaves Beta
- Forget Spectacles. These Glasses Live-Stream To Facebook, Instagram, Or YouTube
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!
More from Experts Talk
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to customise the appearance of your Facebook Dynamic Ads with the use of …