Instagram launched a new feature that lets you co-watch posts with your friends when on a video chat together.
In these times of self-isolation, the Internet can bring us the necessary feeling of togetherness. Today Instagram has launched a new feature that lets you scroll Instagram together with your friends.
Co-watching turns scrolling through your Instagram feed into a social and active experience. The feature lets friends on a video chat or group video chat browse through feed posts one user has liked or saved, or that are recommended by Instagram.
The launch of Co-watching coincides with other COVID-19 responses from Instagram which include:
- Showing a shared Instagram Story featuring all the posts from your network that include the “Stay Home” sticker
- Adding Story stickers that remind people to wash their hands or keep their distance from others
- Adding coronavirus educational info to the top of results for related searches
- Removing unofficial COVID-19 accounts from recommendations, as well as virus-related content from Explore if it doesn’t come from a credible health organization
- Expanding the donation sticker to more countries so people can search for and ask friends for contributions to relevant nonprofits
There is no doubt that social media, and especially visual platforms like Instagram, play a very important role in keeping us together during these difficult times. So, thank you for that Instagram.
More from Instagram
Want to learn some straightforward recipes from a famous chef? Now you can - on Instagram - with Massimo Bottura's …