Instagram launched a new feature that lets you co-watch posts with your friends when on a video chat together.
In these times of self-isolation, the Internet can bring us the necessary feeling of togetherness. Today Instagram has launched a new feature that lets you scroll Instagram together with your friends.
Co-watching turns scrolling through your Instagram feed into a social and active experience. The feature lets friends on a video chat or group video chat browse through feed posts one user has liked or saved, or that are recommended by Instagram.
The launch of Co-watching coincides with other COVID-19 responses from Instagram which include:
- Showing a shared Instagram Story featuring all the posts from your network that include the “Stay Home” sticker
- Adding Story stickers that remind people to wash their hands or keep their distance from others
- Adding coronavirus educational info to the top of results for related searches
- Removing unofficial COVID-19 accounts from recommendations, as well as virus-related content from Explore if it doesn’t come from a credible health organization
- Expanding the donation sticker to more countries so people can search for and ask friends for contributions to relevant nonprofits
Related | Instagram Cooking Classes With Michelin-Starred Chef Massimo Bottura
There is no doubt that social media, and especially visual platforms like Instagram, play a very important role in keeping us together during these difficult times. So, thank you for that Instagram.
You might also like
More from Instagram
Instagram’s New Twitter Competitor Revealed
Instagram's rumored text-based Twitter competitor still does not have a name, but now we know what it might look like. The …
Instagram Now Lets You Add Up To 5 ‘Links In Bio’
Instagram is rolling out a new feature for adding up to 5 'links in bio' - a feature doomed to …
Instagram Collaborative Collections Are The New Way To Save And Share Content With Your Friends
Instagram is introducing a new 'Save posts with friends' that lets you create a collaborative collection for you and your …
Instagram Is Testing A ‘Top 3’ Sticker To Boost Engagement
According to reports, Instagram is testing a new Top 3 sticker for Stories, allowing users to highlight favorite accounts, places, …
Instagram Is Pulling The Plug On Live Shopping
Meta announced it will move away from live shopping on Instagram, removing the ability for users to tag products in …
How To Create Instagram Notes (And Delete Them!)
Instagram Notes are a new feature launched by Instagram that allows users to share posts containing only text and Emojis. Instagram …