Instagram launched a new feature that lets you co-watch posts with your friends when on a video chat together.
In these times of self-isolation, the Internet can bring us the necessary feeling of togetherness. Today Instagram has launched a new feature that lets you scroll Instagram together with your friends.
Co-watching turns scrolling through your Instagram feed into a social and active experience. The feature lets friends on a video chat or group video chat browse through feed posts one user has liked or saved, or that are recommended by Instagram.
The launch of Co-watching coincides with other COVID-19 responses from Instagram which include:
- Showing a shared Instagram Story featuring all the posts from your network that include the “Stay Home” sticker
- Adding Story stickers that remind people to wash their hands or keep their distance from others
- Adding coronavirus educational info to the top of results for related searches
- Removing unofficial COVID-19 accounts from recommendations, as well as virus-related content from Explore if it doesn’t come from a credible health organization
- Expanding the donation sticker to more countries so people can search for and ask friends for contributions to relevant nonprofits
There is no doubt that social media, and especially visual platforms like Instagram, play a very important role in keeping us together during these difficult times. So, thank you for that Instagram.
You might also like
More from Instagram
Facebook and Instagram have introduced cross-app messaging, letting users from one app find and message you on the other.
Instagram has announced new measures against bad behavior on its platform, including removing accounts that send abusive DMs.
Username hacking consists of stealing rare and coveted usernames on platforms like Instagram, and then sell them for a profit.
Instagram has rolled out a new Content Publishing API that will support scheduling and publishing single photo or video posts.
The Instagram Professional Dashboard is a single destination to help track your performance and access professional tools.