Back in November we wrote about Facebook being top in social login… Google+ did make a bit of a comeback for a little while, but by the looks of it, Facebook is yet again top dog. This doesn’t come as a surprise since it is hugely popular as a site itself, but its social login functionality is rather refined in the way site owners can use it.
On top of that, users will trust Facebook more than other networks, and surely it is the site that most people are logged into at any given moment which does make login easier.
At F8 this year, Facebook also announced that users will now be able to control what information they share with businesses that use social login. This, naturally, enhances trust in the brand, even after Facebook conducted its little “psychology experiment” a few months ago.
Social login creates an experience and offers ease, enhancing brands’ abilities to create their own experiences for users. It is only natural therefore, that the social network with the richest social experience will win. So, Facebook is ahead again, but what’s going on with other social login sites?
When it comes to online identity management Google+ and Facebook are right there at the top. If you are interested in the most recent numbers for the second quarter of 2014, have a look at this very informative infographic from Gigya.
Key Points To Take Away:
- – Facebook owns more than a half of social logins in Q2, followed by Google+ at 27%.
- – The difference that separates Facebook and Google+ is even larger in mobile environment.
- – Except from Media and Publishers’ sites, where Google+ is steadily closing the gap, Facebook dominates the other sectors of social logins.
- Google+ is Increasing its Share for Social Login
- Facebook Dominates Social Login, G+ is Catching Up
- Social Login: What CMOs Should Know – Infographic
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook is introducing new "show more" and "show less" controls to let you adjust what you want to see on …
Meta has introduced the Facebook Reels API, a solution allowing developers to build a 'share to reels' option into their …
DoorDash is partnering with Meta to pilot Facebook Marketplace deliveries across multiple cities in the U.S. Drivers will only transport items …