Pinterest is the platform of choice for many businesses. As it relies heavily on visual presence, many brands – and especially luxury brands – find it as the perfect medium to communicate their message, their product and, eventually, connect with their followers. 2014 found Pinterest in the midst of changes. The team behind the social network performed many updates making it more business-friendly.
Also Read: Pinterest Creates ‘Pin Picks’ Collection
But what’s exactly the accurate state of Pinterest in 2014? What are the activities in which audiences and brands engaged throughout the year?
Pinterest expert, Christian Radmilovitch in collaboration with the agency 909c, editor of the Social Media Marketing platform Over-Graph, decided to share with us this exclusive infographic, only designed with official and updated figures.
Key Points to Take Away
- – Pinterest has 70 million registered users and 60 million of them are active on a monthly basis. That’s an impressive 86%.
- – 80% of users are women, and 30% of all users belong to the 25-34 category. What’s interesting, is that 75% of users access Pinterest through their mobile devices.
- – There are 30 billion pins right now, and their number doubles every 6 months. It’s important to state that Pinterest accommodates 52 million pins a day. 80% of them come from repins!
- – What’s the most impressive stat from all is that Pinterest is a major force when it comes to purchase decisions. 23% of online sales are generated through the social network and the average sum of reaches $160.
- – Brands have also benefited greatly from Pinterest. Etsy saw an increase of 20% per week on its sales and Sephora saw Pinterest subscribers spend 15 times more than their Facebook fans.
See more impressive stats in the infographic below.
What’s your prediction about Pinterest for 2015?