There are the “arch rivals” of the 21st century, both built thanks to millions of advertising revenue. But which platform is really the best to advertise your business online: Google or Facebook?
Also Read: Facebook Is Building The Daddy Of All Ad Networks
The guys over at WishPond looked into the best way to decide which platform offers the best advertising results, by comparing the 2 on what really matters to marketers: reach, targeting and ROI.
Key Points To Take Away
- – Facebook has a potential reach of 43,8% of all Internet users
- – Google is the reach champion with a potential reach of 90% of all Internet users
- – With interests and audiences, Facebook offers better targeting options than Google
- – Google remains a stronger option for advertising to mobile users
- – Advertising costs on both platforms really depend on what your objectives are
- – Google offers a better advertising platform for immediate sales
- – Facebook is best to build brand awareness and generate leads for future sales
Now check out the full infographic by WishPond:
- Branded Content Is Actually A Good Thing On Facebook
- The 4 C’s Of Great Twitter Marketing
- Pinterest Will Launch Promoted Pins on New Year’s Day
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Does Custom Alt Text Improve Reach On Instagram?
In this month's experiment, we set out to find out whether adding custom alt text on Instagram posts improves reach.
Does Cross-Posting YouTube Links On Other Platforms Result In Lower Reach?
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out whether posting YouTube links on other platforms results …
Do LinkedIn Pods Work? Performance Insights And Key Learnings
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out what LinkedIn pods are and whether they actually …
Instagram Reels: Do Longer Captions Lead To More Engagement?
Do longer Instagram Reels captions generate more engagement? Amanda Wood, Senior Social Marketing Manager at Hootsuite, and her team find …
TikTok’s 7-Second Challenge: Performance Insights And Key Learnings
Does TikTok’s 7-second challenge generate more engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager and her team seek the answer.
How Do Link Stickers In Instagram Stories Affect Engagement?
How Do Link Stickers In Instagram Stories Affect Engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team seek …
What Is The Best Time To Post On Instagram?
What's the best time to post on Instagram? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team seek the …
Shutterstock Reveals Key Color Trends 2022
Shutterstock's Color Trends for 2022 sheds light on global preferences to help marketers catch viewers' attention and align brand messages …