LinkedIn is #OpenToWork, Facebook changes its algorithm again, Lego gets into pop art, and India bans TikTok.
It was just another week. It was just another algorithm change for Facebook. The platform will now prioritize original news reporting, but even Facebook itself is not sure yet what that means exactly.
I do, however, welcome LinkedIn’s first attempt at profile picture frames. The first of its kind, #OpenToWork, is meant to be a strong signal for recruiters scrolling through profiles.
Here are the top 5 most talked-about stories this week:
- Stray Invites You To Play A Cat Looking For Its Home
- LinkedIn Introduces #OpenToWork Profile Photo Frame
- Lego Gets Into Pop Art With Buildable Posters
- Facebook Prioritizes Original News Reporting With Latest Algorithm Change
- India Bans TikTok And 59 Other Chinese-Owned Apps
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media news recap. And in the meantime, remember, that Black Lives Matter and the movement continues. Breonna Taylor’s killers have still not be arrested. Support black-owned businesses, educate yourself, and push for a change in society. We love you.
This week’s read: How to Argue With a Racist, by Adam Rutherford.