Welcome to this week’s top social media stories: Growth Hackers, Fake hair, Engagement bait, “Let’s Go Twitter” and Facebook’s snooze.
I love growth hacking. It’s about being smart and achieve growth with very low budgets, sometimes even no budget at all. But this guy, took it too far. “The Fake Hair” is a story of a growth hacking strategy that, while extremely clever, was seen as deceptive by many.
During the same week, however, Facebook announced it will start cracking down on engagement bait. What does that mean? Well, Facebook will no longer welcome posts that clearly invite you to like, comment or share. Is it a good thing? Heck, yes!
Facebook also introduced its “snooze” feature, that allows you to mute annoying friends for a period of 30 days – useful, right?
Check this week’s top stories now!
- • ‘Send WhatsApp Message’ CTA Button Now Available On Boosted Facebook Posts
- • When Growth Hackers Take It Too Far: The Fake Hair Story
- • Facebook Is Cracking Down On ‘Engagement Bait’
- • Facebook’s Snooze Feature Gives You More Control Over Your News Feed
- • Let’s Go Twitter: Twitter’s Latest Ad Is Pure LOL
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!