In march, Twitter reached 255 million average monthly users (MAUs) so you can understand that it is becoming harder and harder for your tweets to be seen on this fast growing community (that is a 25% growth year-to-year).
If you add the fact that Timeline views reached over 157 billion views in the first quarter of 2014, you get the point.
So if you want your message to go through, you really need to start collecting quality followers and make your tweets stand out!
Also Read: Get The New Twitter Profile Now!
The good guys at MarketMeSuite have put together this very interesting infographic to help you get more of the right followers and make your tweets count.
Key Points to Remember
- – Take good care of the visual appearance of your Twitter profile
- – There are 5,700 tweets per second, make yours stand out
- – Tweets with an image are more likely to be seen on the Timeline
- – Tweets with links are more likely to create engagement
- – Add hashtags, but no more than 2 per tweet
- – Engage with thought leaders of your industry, Retweet and follow them
- – Ask for RTs – Tweets that ask for it are 12 times more likely to be retweeted
- – Treat your followers like real people!
There are many more good insights and tips in the infographic, check it out!
And remember, Twitter is a long term commitment. You need to be able to spend some time on a daily basis to hope to see real results!
- Cool Examples of Brands Using Twitter’s New Profile
- Twitter.com Brings Real-Time Web Notifications
- [How-to] Create Twitter Cards for your Content
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Does Custom Alt Text Improve Reach On Instagram?
In this month's experiment, we set out to find out whether adding custom alt text on Instagram posts improves reach.
Does Cross-Posting YouTube Links On Other Platforms Result In Lower Reach?
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out whether posting YouTube links on other platforms results …
Do LinkedIn Pods Work? Performance Insights And Key Learnings
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out what LinkedIn pods are and whether they actually …
Instagram Reels: Do Longer Captions Lead To More Engagement?
Do longer Instagram Reels captions generate more engagement? Amanda Wood, Senior Social Marketing Manager at Hootsuite, and her team find …
TikTok’s 7-Second Challenge: Performance Insights And Key Learnings
Does TikTok’s 7-second challenge generate more engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager and her team seek the answer.
How Do Link Stickers In Instagram Stories Affect Engagement?
How Do Link Stickers In Instagram Stories Affect Engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team seek …
What Is The Best Time To Post On Instagram?
What's the best time to post on Instagram? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team seek the …
Shutterstock Reveals Key Color Trends 2022
Shutterstock's Color Trends for 2022 sheds light on global preferences to help marketers catch viewers' attention and align brand messages …