I noticed a few very insteresting stats so I thought I would write a quick review, just for you guys.
First things first, by Employee Advocacy, we mean “the attention that employees generate for a brand using social media“. On top of your traditional social media marketing strategies, employees have the real power to boost and extend the reach of your brand message, something most companies have yet to understand. Are you in this case as well? Here are 5 stats to prove Employee Advocacy is crucial:
1. While only 15% of people trust recommendations from brands, 84% trust recommendations from people they know
Imagine having all employees and promoting their company on social media, everyone having their very own network of connection. Not only will it boost the reach of your company, but the message will have a bigger impact than a post from your company profile.
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
2. 70% of customer brand perception is determined by experiences with people
Your employees should be trained to use social media correctly, with a special attention to fast reactive platforms like Twitter. People picture companies through their people, so make sure your employees and colleagues are not posting something harmful for the business.
3. Sales representatives using social media outsell 78% of their peers.
We have written various times how social media can contribute to increase a business’ bottom line. While every service of the company should participate in advocating their company, sales department is obviously the one with the most potential in terms of results.
4. Only 2-8% of employee social networks overlap with brand networks
Or in other words, only a very small percentage of employees’ friends already see messages from their company. There is much room for improvement and this is why employees should also become a brand’s first advocates!
5. Leads developed through employee social marketing convert 7 times more frequently than other leads
A good Employee Advocacy program is (much) more effective than any other form of lead generation tactic. If it’s not part of your strategy yet, you better start thinking about it!
To read the complete guide about Employee Advocacy Programs, click here!
- How to Improve Your Content Strategy With User-Generated Content
- Unleashing the Social Media Power of Employee Advocates
- Turning Emloyees Into Brand Advocates on Social Media
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
A new UK Bill wants influencers to display a warning logo on altered body images posted on social media to …
Pinterest published new insights revealing that the male demographic is not only growing, but also willing to spend more for …