If you’re a Mac user, you will know the pain of using Twitter on your Mac… not on Twitter.com of course, I’m talking about the Twitter app for Mac.
Yes, Twitter has an app for Mac. And most of us don’t use it, because it NEVER gets updated. None of the cool features and capabilities Twitter has added to its mobile app are unavailable on Mac.
On this last day of 2015, Twitter has finally released an update to its Mac client. The new version, optimised for OS X El Capitan (upgrade now if you have not done so already) brings in all the cool features you are probably already using on your phone: Group DMs, inline play for video and GIFs, quote tweets and an awesome “Dark Theme”!
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
In short, the updated Twitter app for Mac will make you forget about your phone. And it even looks more like the phone app now.
Here is the complete list of what’s new in version 4.0.0:
- – Inline video playback: videos now play directly in your feed
- – GIFs support: see animations without leaving your timeline
- – Group DMs: chat away with up to 50 people
- – Mute: silence specific accounts so they no longer appear in your feed
- – Today Centre Widget: a cool add-on that shows your highlights straight on your desktop
- – Dark Theme: Twitter, in Black and White
- – Quote Tweet: the name says it all, no?
This is the first update to Twitter for Mac in a long long time. There was a lot of expectation and although some may notice that support for Polls is still missing but overall, Twitter has finally answered to it in the best manner.
Now, where is my phone again?
More from Twitter
Twitter has announced a new feature on its desktop version, Twitter Lite, and Twitter for Windows, that lets users quickly …