Big Bang News when a few weeks ago, Facebook changed its policies and announced that Page Admins could now run contests and administer promotions right on their timeline, using likes, comments and shares as the way to select a winner.
Many thought this might have been the death of facebook app developers. Well the truth is somewhere in between. Yes, the new policies will allow pages to run contests on their timeline, so yes, this will somehow diminish the need for apps. But all promotions cannot be run on timeline as well as they could be using a Facebook application.
Facebook Preferred Marketing firm KRDS worked on this infographic to help you decide when you should rather use an app or run it directly on your timeline.
Should you decide to organize a timeline contest on your Facebook page, KRDS can also help you there. The company will soon launch PromoFactory, a timeline promotion and contest tool.
The product will be launched will be available to all page admins worldwide by September 30th.
According to KRDS, PromoFactory will allow brands to:
- Choose the type of contest they want to run
- Suggest the ideal mechanics for the contest (Likes / Comments / Messages / Posts)
- Select the start and end time of the contest
- Select the contest winners
- Automatically create and launch the Terms & Conditions page
- Provide analytics based on participation
- Provide overall insights for all contests
- Generate report in XLS or CSV format
PromoFactory will help page administrators launch and manage contests while complying with Facebook’s policy requirements.
- Latest Changes on Facebook’s Edgerank
- 10+1 Annoying Things People Do on Facebook
- Facebook Punishes Pages That Post Garbage
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook Gaming is scaling its cloud gaming infrastructure and announcing an expansion of its games library and availability.
Facebook has announced several new shopping updates across its apps, including the expansion of Shops to WhatsApp and Marketplace.
Facebook has announced the official launch of Live Audio Rooms, one of the social audio features it announced recently.
Facebook has announced several new features that will help Group admins manage and moderate their groups more effectively.
After announcing the test of ads in the Oculus mobile app, Facebook will now also start testing in-headset ads within Oculus …