Welcome to this week’s top social media news: Instagram introduced a new sticker, Nike celebrates 30 years of Air Max 90, and Facebook acquired GIPHY!
Instagram continues to show its support for small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This week the app introduced a new sticker that allows users to give a shout out to their favorite small biz.
But the big news came from Facebook. The tech giant has acquired GIPHY for $400 million. The plan is to integrate it with Instagram, which already represented the largest share of traffic for the GIF platform.
Here are the top 5 most talked-about stories this week:
- Instagram Introduces A New Sticker In Support To Small Businesses
- Nike Celebrates 30 Years Of Air Max 90 With The “Ghost Green Duck Camo”
- TikTok To Launch A New AR Ad Format
- Facebook Acquires GIPHY For $400 Million
- WhatsApp Now Supports Group Calls With Up To 8 Participants
Still one of the best COVID-19 related ad:
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media news recap.