Every year, the travel industry turns more and more digital and big firms are now considering allocating a big chunk of their advertising budget to social media. And it seems they are right to do so.
Also Read: Facebook Is Taking on Yelp With New Places Directory
Expedia, one of the leading online travel company has looked into how the travel industry should plan their advertising for 2015, and especially into the impact social media can have for the industry. The results were put together in a very insightful infographic.
Key Points To Take Away
- – In 2015, social and video will know the fastest growth in travel advertising
- – Tourism professionals largely rely on Facebook to promote their business (84%)
- – 45% of marketers in the travel industry already use Twitter lead generation card
- – Tourism marketers find social media especially effective to generate brand awareness
- – Twitter Cards will attract the most focus from the travel industry for 2015
- – 12% of travel businesses already use targeting or retargeting techniques to promote themselves
Now look at the infographic from Expedia Media Solutions which shows how the industry should approach advertising in 2015:
- Reaching Travellers on Facebook [infographic]
- Discover The First Instagram Travel Guide
- Now You Can Share Where You Are Traveling To on Facebook
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Does Custom Alt Text Improve Reach On Instagram?
In this month's experiment, we set out to find out whether adding custom alt text on Instagram posts improves reach.
Does Cross-Posting YouTube Links On Other Platforms Result In Lower Reach?
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out whether posting YouTube links on other platforms results …
Do LinkedIn Pods Work? Performance Insights And Key Learnings
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out what LinkedIn pods are and whether they actually …
Instagram Reels: Do Longer Captions Lead To More Engagement?
Do longer Instagram Reels captions generate more engagement? Amanda Wood, Senior Social Marketing Manager at Hootsuite, and her team find …
TikTok’s 7-Second Challenge: Performance Insights And Key Learnings
Does TikTok’s 7-second challenge generate more engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager and her team seek the answer.
How Do Link Stickers In Instagram Stories Affect Engagement?
How Do Link Stickers In Instagram Stories Affect Engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team seek …
What Is The Best Time To Post On Instagram?
What's the best time to post on Instagram? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team seek the …
Shutterstock Reveals Key Color Trends 2022
Shutterstock's Color Trends for 2022 sheds light on global preferences to help marketers catch viewers' attention and align brand messages …