Messenger and Instagram have teamed up with Cosmopolitan on a new interactive AR video calling Group Effect created for NYE.
The feature will allow users to share the festive spirit with an interactive video calling effect displaying chicken nuggets in champagne flutes.
Messenger announced the celebratory effect, called Nugget Cheers, just in time for New Year’s Eve.
The interactive AR Group Effect pairs champagne with chicken nuggets to create a new virtual toast when using Meta’s group AR option on Messenger or Instagram video calls.
The group AR option for video calls was added at the beginning of this month, and allows multiple people to access a group chat and engage with a common AR effect.
To use Nugget Cheers, follow the instructions:
- Start a video call with whoever you want. Remember: You both have to be following each other.
- Tap the Effects smiley.
- Swipe over to Group Effects.
- Click on the chicken nugget icon and enjoy.
- Start a video call with whoever you want.
- Tap the smiley face to open the effects tray.
- Select Group Effects then click on the chicken nugget icon.
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook is introducing new "show more" and "show less" controls to let you adjust what you want to see on …
Meta has introduced the Facebook Reels API, a solution allowing developers to build a 'share to reels' option into their …
DoorDash is partnering with Meta to pilot Facebook Marketplace deliveries across multiple cities in the U.S.Drivers will only transport items …