Facebook is rolling out a new feature, allowing advertisers to run different videos on their Facebook and Instagram placements, within the same video ad.
Many might think that its ok to run the same creatives on different platforms. It’s not. Any seasoned social media marketer will tell you that. Users consume content differently on different platforms, and this is especially the case with ads.
Therefore, it’s best to always customise ad creative, depending on the placement or platform. Up until now, this was only possible by breaking up creatives and placements into different ad sets. Now, Facebook is allowing advertisers to create single video ads that have different versions across Instagram and Facebook placements.
This feature is great, because it means you can show different assets between the different placements, without having to break them up into more than one ad set. And it’s really easy to implement. You can edit your existing video ads or simply create new ones in Ads Manager or Power Editor.
Do remember though, that if you want to edit your existing ads that use post engagement, Page likes, event responses or offer claims under the engagement objective, you won’t be able to do so. You need to first pause and then edit, or delete and create anew.
Please note that this feature is still being rolled out, but you should get it soon.
Here’s how the process is done:
- Start creating your ad. (If you’re using Ads Manager, click Create Ad. If you’re using Power Editor, click Use Guided Creation.)
- Choose your objective at the Campaign level, and then click Continue.
- Choose your audience, placements, budget and schedule at the Ad Setlevel, and then click Continue.
- At the Ad level, select the Facebook Page and Instagram account representing your ad and choose Single Video as your ad format.
- In the Video section, select a video from your library or upload a new video.
- To select a different video for Instagram, click Use a different video.
If you want to edit the video in an existing ad:
- Go to Ads Manager or Power Editor.
- Click Ads.
- Click to check the box next to the ad with the video you want to update.
- Click Edit to open the editing pane.
- Make changes to your video.To choose a new video, click Change Video. Select a video from your library or upload a new video, and then click Confirm.
- To edit the existing video, click Thumbnail & Captions. You can select a different preview image for your video and add or change video captions for your video.
- To choose another video for Instagram, click Use a different video for Instagram Feed.
- Finish making your changes. If you’re using Ads Manager, click Save & Close. If you’re using Power Editor, close the edit window and then click Review Changes.
As always, Facebook suggests that you use video formatted for mobile devices – vertical or square, and featuring the product or message early on. Also, it’s good to know that on average, users view around 30 seconds of a video before dropping off.
More from Facebook
Facebook announced it's investing $100 million in cash grants and ad credits to help 30,000 small businesses in over 30 …
Facebook last week started sending out invites to the closed alpha version of its Facebook Horizon VR platform announced last …