Some major changes might be coming to Twitter in 2020, from giving you more control over who can retweet or mention you, according to its VP of Design and Research.
Don’t get excited; an edit button is still not in the plans.
Twitter’s VP of Design and Research, Dantley Davis, tweeted a host of features that he’s “looking forward to in 2020.” Most ideas are about giving users more control over retweets and mentions and protecting users from conversations they don’t want to be taking part in.
Features that I’m looking forward to in 2020.
– Remove me from this conversation
– Don’t allow RT of this tweet
– Don’t allow people to @mention me without my permission
– Remove this @mention from this conversation
– Tweet this only to: hashtag, interest, or these friends
— Dantley (@dantley) November 5, 2019
In particular, Dantley said he was looking forward to:
- Let users remove themselves from a conversation
- Disallow RTs on specific tweets
- Stop people from @mention without permission
- Remove @mentions from a conversation
- Allow users’ tweets to be seen only by specific users or users who follow a hashtag or interest
“I believe giving more control to users will help create a healthier Twitter and reduce abuse.”
[Tweet “Major changes that may, or may NOT, be arriving on Twitter in 2020! Take with a pinch of salt.”
Note that the announcement was not officially shared by the @twitter handle. These could be features that Dantley and his team plan to work on in 2020, and not necessarily features that will be released.
In his tweet, Dantley also invited all of us to share ideas and feedback using the hashtag #designtwitter.
You might also like
More from Twitter
In an email sent to all remaining Twitter employees, Elon Musk asked everyone to commit to "hardcore working hours" or …
A large majority of Twitter shareholders approved the buyout, now Musk wants to fight his way out of it.Elon Musk …
Twitter is now allowing all advertisers to use its new Tweet replies ad placement, for app install ads, on iOS …