Welcome to this week’s top social media news: Facebook launched a Zoom killer, WhatsApp support group calls with up to 8 participants and Google Meet is now free for everyone.
A Facebook Zoom killer, more participants on WhatsApp video group calls, and free Google Meet: no-one is going to let Zoom win.
It’s crazy how crisis accelerates change. Two months ago, we had no idea just how dependent we would grow to online video conferencing platforms. Today, everyone wants a chunk of it: Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Zoom… is there room for everyone? Probably.
Here are the top 5 most talked-about stories this week:
- Facebook Just Killed Zoom With Messenger Rooms
- Casio G-SHOCK Pays Homage To NASA With Limited-Edition DW5600 Watch
- Pornhub Helps Fight The Pandemic With The ‘Cleanest Porn Ever’
- WhatsApp Now Supports Group Calls With Up To 8 Participants
- Google Meet Is Now Free For Everyone
One for the week:
They spent 16 years in lockdown! Brand: Chicken Licken (2010)Country: South AfricaAgency: BBDO
Geplaatst door We are Social Media op Dinsdag 21 april 2020
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media news recap.