There is nothing more annoying than seeing your hard-earned social media followers disappear. And the difficult truth is that, more often than not, it’s your fault if they unfollow you. Why? Because you might be braking one of these 12 commandments.
Also Read: How Often Should you Post on Social Media?
Getting new fans or followers is not an easy thing. Your content needs to be awesome, your profiles need to be interesting and you will often have to spend a lot of energy trying to attract news followers. (here are some tips how for Instagram, Twitter and even Pinterest.)
So the last thing you want is to scare them away, right?
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
Thankfully, the good samaritans over at SumAll designed this very helpful infographic that will teach you the 12 commandments you must follow to stop “being a loser” of followers.
The 12 Commandments To Stop Losing Followers
- Don’t overwhelm your audience – be cool and human
- Respond within 30 minutes – whenever possible
- Practice hashtag discipline – #do #not #over #do #it
- 80% Entertain and 20% Sell – avoid being pushy, or needy (even worse)
- Address your users directly – speak like a real person, not like a bot
- Don’t auto DM – maybe the worse thing that exists through the social web
- Tweet with room to reply – leave some character space for RTs and replies
- Don’t tag without permission – you would not like others to tag you either, right?
- Always add sources and descriptors – give back to Caesar….
- Please, no #tagforlikes – no begging, seriously
- Use ideal frequencies – know when your audience is most responsive
- You get what you give – are you spending enough time to engage with your followers?
You might also like
More from Other Platforms
Tinder Will Remove Social Profiles From Bios
Tinder says it will remove social profiles from bios as part of its updated community guidelines to keep the dating …
Discord Rolls Out Server Subscriptions In The US
Discord server subscriptions are available for all servers whose owners are in the US, ranging in price from $2.99 to …
Apple Redesigned The Entire iCloud.com Experience
Apple has given iCloud.com a major redesign, adding widget-like tiles that make the site look and feel a lot more …
Discord Launches Voice Channel Emoji Reactions
Discord has released Voice Channel Reactions, a new feature that celebrates one of the most popular behaviors on its platform…the …
Netflix Is Building Its Own Mobile Games Studio In Finland
Netflix has announced it is building an in-house mobile games studio for Netflix Games in Helsinki, Finland. Finland was chosen as …