There is nothing more annoying than seeing your hard-earned social media followers disappear. And the difficult truth is that, more often than not, it’s your fault if they unfollow you. Why? Because you might be braking one of these 12 commandments.
Also Read: How Often Should you Post on Social Media?
Getting new fans or followers is not an easy thing. Your content needs to be awesome, your profiles need to be interesting and you will often have to spend a lot of energy trying to attract news followers. (here are some tips how for Instagram, Twitter and even Pinterest.)
So the last thing you want is to scare them away, right?
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
Thankfully, the good samaritans over at SumAll designed this very helpful infographic that will teach you the 12 commandments you must follow to stop “being a loser” of followers.
The 12 Commandments To Stop Losing Followers
- Don’t overwhelm your audience – be cool and human
- Respond within 30 minutes – whenever possible
- Practice hashtag discipline – #do #not #over #do #it
- 80% Entertain and 20% Sell – avoid being pushy, or needy (even worse)
- Address your users directly – speak like a real person, not like a bot
- Don’t auto DM – maybe the worse thing that exists through the social web
- Tweet with room to reply – leave some character space for RTs and replies
- Don’t tag without permission – you would not like others to tag you either, right?
- Always add sources and descriptors – give back to Caesar….
- Please, no #tagforlikes – no begging, seriously
- Use ideal frequencies – know when your audience is most responsive
- You get what you give – are you spending enough time to engage with your followers?
More from Other Platforms
"Does my brand need Instagram Stories" you ask? You will probably survive without them, but it doesn’t hurt to give them …