Apparently the small group of users who have been testing Instant Articles for the past few months on Facebook loved the feature, because Facebook is now launching it to all iPhone users.
Also Read: Facebook Makes It Easy To Publish Instant Articles From Any CMS
Instant articles are stories that appear in people’s News Feeds especially for mobile devices. They have a small lightning bolt in the top right hand corner of their image, and they load around ten times faster than normal mobile articles on the platform.
They offer users a richer experience of the content that they are viewing, and have “dynamic features that make the content more fluid, interactive and immersive.” In the post about the launch, Facebook explained that,
– Instant Articles from NBC News feature autoplay videos that come to life and begin automatically as readers scroll through the story.
– The Atlantic’s photo blog in Instant Articles lets you zoom in and explore the details of high-resolution photos just by tilting your phone.
– Readers can engage more deeply with BuzzFeed’s Instant Articles by liking and commenting on individual photos and videos throughout the story.
– Beautiful photo galleries in Instant Articles from The New York Times are seamless to swipe through.
– National Geographic’s Instant Articles let readers explore where the story happened with geo-tagged images that open interactive maps.
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
Instant Articles are faster, more beautiful and more engaging, and people also share them a lot more with their friends. This is great news for publishers who will get the opportunity to use them. They will also be launched on Android later this year (they are on Public Beta today).
In the next near future you will also see Instant Articles from these publishers
[quote]Billboard, Billy Penn, The Blaze, Bleacher Report, Breitbart, Brit + Co, Business Insider, Bustle, CBS News, CBS Sports, CNET, Complex, Country Living, Cracked, Daily Dot, E! News, Elite Daily, Entertainment Weekly, Gannett, Good Housekeeping, Fox Sports, Harper’s Bazaar, Hollywood Life, Hollywood Reporter, IJ Review, Little Things, Mashable, Mental Floss, mindbodygreen, MLB, MoviePilot, NBA, NY Post, The Onion, Opposing Views, People, Pop Sugar, Rare, Refinery 29, Rolling Stone, Seventeen, TIME, Uproxx, US Magazine, USA Today, Variety, The Verge, The Weather Channel.[/quote]
If you want to find out more about Instant Articles, go to instantarticles.fb.com
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook Is Giving You More Controls Over What You See On Your Feed
Facebook is introducing new "show more" and "show less" controls to let you adjust what you want to see on …
Meta Introduces Facebook Reels API, Offering An Option To ‘Share To Reels’
Meta has introduced the Facebook Reels API, a solution allowing developers to build a 'share to reels' option into their …
Facebook Gets Into Delivery With DoorDash Partnership
DoorDash is partnering with Meta to pilot Facebook Marketplace deliveries across multiple cities in the U.S. Drivers will only transport items …