Back in April, we had reported on Facebook’s plans to organise a global summit for Group Admins. Attendants would have the chance to participate in workshops and give the Facebook team real-time feedback on what will make groups better for them. The summit took place last week, and it came with lots of positive surprises.
During the event, Facebook found the perfect ground to announce a series of upgrades in Groups’ functionalities, aimed at making admins’ lives easier and more productive. More precisely, Facebook announced a series of new tools: Group insights, membership request filtering, member clean-up, scheduled posts and group-to-group linking. Let’s take the updates one by one.
- – Group insights will give admins the metrics they need to measure the success of posts and how the community engages with content, by showing real-time metrics around growth, engagement and membership.
- – Membership request filtering aims at making requests to join groups more efficient. Admins will have the opportunity to filter and group requests by location, gender, and age, so that they can accept or decline at once.
- – Removed member clean-up will help admins make their groups a safe space. Once they have identified a bad actor, they will be able to remove that member from the group, along with all their posts and comments.
- – Scheduled posts – well it was about time! This is pretty self-explanatory
- – Group-to-group linking: while this feature is still being tested, the idea behind it is to facilitate recommendations of similar or related groups by group admins. Sounds interesting!
Check out the updates in the video below:
Facebook‘s Group Admins get-together was a resounding success, gathering members for bigger or smaller local groups. The social network claims that more 1 billion people around the world use Groups, and more than 100 million people are members of “meaningful groups” – that is groups that make members’ experience on Facebook important and more pleasant.
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook is celebrating the five years of Marketplace with more features that help people shop more easily and responsibly on …
Facebook is making a big expansion into building the metaverse with the creation of 10,000 new jobs at Facebook across …
Instagram is bringing Reels Ads placements to its Marketing API, available on all current Marketing API versions - without an …
Ahead of the holiday shopping season, Facebook has announced daily Live Shopping experiences and the return of #BuyBlack Friday.
Facebook has announced the date for its 2021 Communities Summit to bring together community builders, announce new features, and more.
Facebook is launching new initiatives for Horizon creators, including a new $10M Creator Fund to support the creator and developer …
Facebook is testing a new option allowing users to share a post with multiple groups at once, contradicting to past …
Facebook Messenger partnered with Dr. Papadopoulos to help users maintain emotional well-being through Messenger’s privacy features.