Facebook Canvas is now ‘Instant Experience’, but it’s not just a name change. The format now has more capabilities to help businesses with different objectives.
Instant Experience (formerly known as Facebook Canvas) campaigns have slowly become a marketer’s favorite, and the number of campaigns using the format has more than doubled over the past year. The reason might actually be quite simple. According to Facebook, Instant Experiences load 15 times faster than standard mobile websites.
Facebook Canvas was first introduced in February 2016, but it was not until Facebook introduced templates in September 2017 that the format really took off.
On top of the existing templates, Facebook has now added Instant Forms which makes it easier for people to share their contact information with a business:
- Instant Storefront helps businesses sell products in a grid format.
- Instant Lookbook enables businesses to display products in the context of a lifestyle image.
- Instant Customer Acquisition helps businesses drive customer action by displaying offerings and including a clear call to action.
- Instant Storytelling uses images and video to give people a better feel for your brand.
- NEW – Instant Form lets people easily share their contact information to learn more about your offerings.
Instant Experiences now also automatically add the Facebook Pixel to your campaigns. It’s also quite easy for advertisers to work with third-party tracking pixels to get more detailed data and insights. But the biggest opportunity will, of course, be the ability for businesses to retarget customers who have interacted with their Instant Experiences.
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook Is Giving You More Controls Over What You See On Your Feed
Facebook is introducing new "show more" and "show less" controls to let you adjust what you want to see on …
Meta Introduces Facebook Reels API, Offering An Option To ‘Share To Reels’
Meta has introduced the Facebook Reels API, a solution allowing developers to build a 'share to reels' option into their …
Facebook Gets Into Delivery With DoorDash Partnership
DoorDash is partnering with Meta to pilot Facebook Marketplace deliveries across multiple cities in the U.S. Drivers will only transport items …