Spotify has announced a new integration that allows all Spotify users who have the Snapchat app installed, to share tracks, playlists, albums, and podcasts to Snapchat.
The new integration, announced this week, lets you take advantage of the two apps’ best features: the ability to listen to music and podcasts wherever you are (Spotify) and the ability to share what you’re doing at any moment (Snapchat). Now you can combine both.
It is now rolling out on both iOS and Android devices.
How to share what you’re listening to on Spotify with Snapchat
- Just tap the “share” menu (three dots on the right side of the screen) when listening to a song, album, artist, or podcast.
- Select “Snapchat” from the dropdown.
- A new Snap will open up on Snapchat, displaying the album’s artwork.
- Edit and send to a few people, or to your Story!
If someone sends you a Snap with a song, playlist, artist profile, or podcast rec included, you can also start streaming it with the following steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the context card with song, artist, playlist, or podcast info.
- Spotify will open and play away!
Please do note that you have to have both apps for this to work. You may, of course, also benefit from updates on both apps, too.
The new feature makes it easier for users to share what they’re listening to, and, of course, for others to discover new music and start listening.
You might also like
More from Snapchat
Snapchat Spotlight, Snap's new TikTok competitor, has already gained over 100 million MAUs since its launch in December.
Snapchat's global virtual event exploring today's AR "lenscape" is open to the public, and taking place this week. Make sure …
Snapchat has announced a new curated entertainment platform that will surface the most entertaining Snaps all in one place.
Snapchat is introducing new features to let you create an Astrological Profile and see shared Astrological Compatibility with your friends.
Snapchat follower counts are now a reality as the platform turns on the feature for accounts with large followings.