Starting this week, you can apply to be among the first to try Twitter’s Ticketed Spaces, and Super Follows monetization features.
Applications are open to US users for the time being, and you can only apply separately for each feature.
The participants of the limited test will keep 97% of their revenue from the two features – after Apple and Google fees are paid, of course.
The catch? Well, if a user makes more than $50,000, Twitter’s cut becomes 20%, leaving users with 80% of the revenue.
Twitter Ticketed Spaces
With Ticketed Spaces, users can earn money from their “exclusive live audio experiences” on Twitter’s Clubhouse competitor, Twitter Spaces. Users can set a ticket price for their Spaces live audio chats, as low as $1 and as high as $999.
Furthermore, hosts can create more “intimate” conversations by setting the size of their Ticketed Spaces. Finally, hosts can now also remind attendees that a Space is taking place. This is achieved with a combination of push and in-app notifications.
Ticketed Spaces is available for testing on iOS and Android.
You can find out more about Ticketed Spaces and how to apply to try the feature here.
Super Follows are a way to earn money by offering users another level of content and interaction with a monthly subscription. Users can generate a monthly income while offering their followers more content and more personal interaction.
Users can be as creative as they want with the benefits that subscribers get, by customizing their offerings and charging subscriptions in three price points – $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 per month.
You can find out more about Super Follows and how to apply to try the feature here.
Super Follows is only available for testing on iOS.
You can apply to be part of either test group by going to the app sidebar on mobile and tapping on Monetization to find out if you’re eligible to apply.
You might also like
More from Twitter
Businesses in the US can now apply for a Professional Account on Twitter, giving them the ability to grow and strengthen …
Twitter is finally fixing its frustratingly low video quality, but the upgrade won't apply to previously uploaded videos.
After testing, Twitter is rolling out its Tips feature on iOS, allowing users to also tip creators in Bitcoin via …
Twitter has launched "Communities," a new feature that appears to be a mix between Facebook Groups and Reddit.
Twitter is testing a new timeline layout where videos and pictures span their width from edge-to-edge on the screen.
Twitter is looking to refine privacy tools and testing one that allows to prevent people from seeing tweets without removing …