TikTok has announced two new developer kits that enable sound and music sharing and the integration of TikTok login in other apps.
In an effort to grow its developer ecosystem through the TikTok for Developers program, TikTok is giving developers more integration between its platform – and their apps.
Just last week, TikTok announced the new Sound and Login Kits for TikTok, which it says “will help third-party apps create more frictionless sharing and authentication experiences for their users.”
Related | TikTok Introduces Lead Generation Ads
Developers can now integrate the SDKs into their mobile, web, and console apps, globally.
“As TikTok becomes increasingly engrained in culture, more third-party apps across a variety of categories and use cases are looking to tap into our community on their own platforms,” explains Isaac Bess, Global Head of Distribution Partnerships at TikTok.
“Through the Sound Kit and Login Kit for TikTok, we’re providing seamless integration solutions that help developers expand their reach, increase exposure for creators, and empower our community to showcase their content on other platforms.”
The TikTok Sound Kit lets creators and artists share sounds and music from third-party apps into TikTok and its ecosystem. Audio is a big part of this, so TikTok is helping creators share their sounds and reach new audiences. Some third-party apps that will use the Sound Kit:
- Audiobridge: A simple, mobile, multi-track recording studio in your pocket.
- LANDR: A platform that empowers artists with a suite of music creation, collaboration, and distribution tools.
- Rapchat: The leading app for hip hop artists to create music and get discovered.
- Yourdio: Create and share your own unique soundtracks to TikTok in just three steps.
When integrated with third-party apps, people can use their TikTok login credentials to log into those apps quickly and securely. Users can access and share their TikTok videos, allowing them more ways to show their creativity.
@lollytoksNew Login Kit for @TikTok!! It’s a game changer ❤️🚀🔥 #tiktokSDK #loginkitfortiktok #lolly #dating #developers♬ Steven Universe – L.Dre
There are currently quite a few apps that have already integrated the Login Kit:
- Allstar: Enables any gamer to become a content creator through accessible creativity with true zero impact to Frames Per Second (FPS).
- Breathwrk: Provides science-backed breathing exercises to alleviate anxiety, fall asleep, get energized, increase endurance, and more.
- Burpple: A food discovery platform where anyone can contribute and discover reviews, this community-driven network is now the place Singaporeans rely on to decide where and what to eat.
- EME Hive: A culturally-focused dating & live-streaming app for meeting like-minded people.
- IRL: Making it easy to join groups and find others to do more together in real life.
- Medal: A game recorder to clip and share epic gaming moments.
- Lolly: The most fun way to meet people online.
- MeetMe: Part of ParshipMeet Group’s portfolio of social apps, MeetMe is an interactive dating community where users can make connections, chat, and be entertained through innovative live-streaming features.
- Monet: A doodle-based dating & friend-making app where users send drawings to each other to start a conversation.
- Neon: A mobile platform for buying, selling, and flaunting verified NFTs from artists and creators.
- PUBG: The popular video game and pioneer of the battle royale genre that has sold more than 70 million copies worldwide.
- Snack: A video first dating app where you find new connections by recording the real you and scrolling through your feed instead of swiping.
- Swipehouse: An app that creators use to find friends, brand collaborations, dates with other creators, and more every day through short-form video content.
- Streamlabs: A leading set of tools that enable streamers and creators to grow and monetize their live streams and engage with their communities.
Developers interested in building with TikTok can find out more about the new kits here.
You might also like
More from TikTok
Does TikTok’s 7-second challenge generate more engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager and her team seek the answer.
In response to the war in Ukraine, TikTok is rolling out its state media policy to label content from some …
The free online course provides easy-to-follow best practices to level-up marketers' approaches to advertising on the platform.
TikTok has introduced a new customizable shopping ad display option to streamline the customer journey for users.
TikTok has announced a new partnership with brand suitability platform Zefr to ensure ads won't end up next to undesirable, …
TikTok may be working on reinstating a feature that allows users to know who viewed their profile in the past …