Sprout Social has conducted a comprehensive study on the best times and days to post on social platforms in 2021.
Trying to figure out the best times and days of the week to post on social media has always been a tough nut to crack.
Even if you had it figured out in 2019, the pandemic has changed things significantly. It has changed the way we connect online and the times in which we do it, so social media managers need to rethink their strategies.
To help you save time, make more informed decisions, and draw a more refined strategy, Sprout Social has released a comprehensive study about the best times and dates to post on the main social platforms. The study contains data from 20,000+ accounts, collected over the past year.
Here is what the study found. Please note that all times mentioned refer to Central Time Zone (CST).
Best Times to Post on Facebook
Facebook remains the most-used social media platform and its “off times” are getting more scarce.
The best days and times to post on Facebook are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Best Times to Post on Instagram
Just like Facebook, Instagram has also seen an expansion of the best time frames to post on the platform throughout 2020, compared to the previous year.
The best days and times to post on Instagram are on Tuesday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., and Monday through Friday at 11 a.m.
US lunch-hour slots during the week have seen an increase in density. Evenings and weekends have picked up engagement. If you are trying to visually reinforce your brand awareness, base your strategy on these suggestions.
Best Times to Post on Twitter
Throughout the pandemic and the US presidential elections in 2020, Twitter has been the preferred source of up-to-the-minute news and accurate information.
The peak times to post on Twitter are Wednesday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. – and Tuesday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday is the best day, and Saturday the worst one.
It remains important to devote effort to your customer relationship management on Twitter as it remains the preferred medium of direct communication with brands via conversations and mentions.
Best Times to Post on LinkedIn
The best times to have your posts seen on LinkedIn are spread throughout the (US) working week. This is unsurprising, due to the professional focus of the platform.
Engagement has grown throughout last year to attract further interest centered around professional development – and has established LinkedIn as a reference point for recruitment and career growth.
The best times and days to post on LinkedIn, are Tuesday to Thursday, between 9 a.m. and noon. Sunday is the least favorite day of the week.
Best Times to Post on Social Media by Industry
The study has also gathered data from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to suggest the most suitable times and days to post on social media by industry.
- Facebook: Weekdays at 11 a.m.
- Instagram: Sunday between 8 and 9 a.m., and Tuesday between 8 a.m. and noon, and between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Twitter: Monday between 9 a.m. and noon, and Tuesday between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Facebook: Friday at 7 a.m., and Tuesday between 6 and 9 a.m.
- Instagram: Tuesday between 1 and 5 p.m., Wednesday at 11 a.m., and Thursday between 8 and 9 a.m.
- Twitter: Monday at 6 a.m. and at 9 a.m., and Tuesday at 7 a.m.#
- Facebook: Wednesday and Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Instagram: Friday between 4 and 5 a.m., and Thursday at 2 p.m.
- Twitter: Monday between 6 and 9 p.m., and Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Facebook: Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Instagram: Wednesday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Twitter: Wednesday between 10 and 11 a.m, and again between 2 and 4 p.m.
- Facebook: Monday noon, and Friday between 1 and 2 p.m.
- Instagram: Monday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Twitter: Wednesday between noon and 2 p.m., and Thursday between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Facebook: Thursday between 3 and 4 p.m.
- Instagram: Monday between 10 and 11 a.m., between 2 and 5 p.m., and at 8 p.m., Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Thursday at noon, and Friday at 11 a.m.
- Twitter: Monday at 11 a.m., Tuesday and Wednesday at 9 a.m., and Tuesday at 2 p.m.
Travel & Tourism
- Facebook: Tuesday and Wednesday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., Friday between 10 a.m. and noon
- Instagram: Thursday at 7 a.m., and Monday between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Twitter: Monday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., and Wednesday between 8 and 9 a.m.
- Facebook: Wednesday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., Monday at 5 p.m., and Friday at 11 a.m.
- Twitter: Monday and Tuesday between 1 and 3 a.m., and Friday between noon and 3 p.m.
- Facebook: Monday at 11 a.m., Friday between 8 and 11 a.m., and Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 4 p.m.
- Instagram: Wednesday at noon, Thursday between 3 and 4 p.m., and Friday between 8 a.m. and noon
- Twitter: Wednesday between 3 and 5 p.m., and Thursday between 10 and 11 a.m.
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
A new UK Bill wants influencers to display a warning logo on altered body images posted on social media to …
This month, Hootsuite's Senior Manager for Social Marketing, Amanda Wood, and her team test the performance of Instagram Reels versus …
This month, Hootsuite's Social Media Marketing Manager, Amanda Wood, and her team, try to get shadowbanned on Instagram.