Snapchat last week announced the launch of the Snap Games platform, that allows users to launch and play games right from the Chat bar – while interacting with their friends.
Snap is looking to introduce new ways for people to use its platform and new revenue streams that could get it out of its stagnant revenue situation. One of these is the Snap Games platform announced last week.
The platform – the result of the acquisition of Australian game studio Pretty Great in 2017, allows users to play real-time games (single or multiplayer) while talking to and messaging with their friends.
- In Bitmoji Party, you can play as yourself in a series of quick, wacky mini-games.
- In Tiny Royale from Zynga, you and your friends shoot to the top in bite-sized Battle Royale action.
- In Snake Squad from Game Closure, you and your squad work together to be the last ones standing!
- In C.A.T.S. Drift Race from ZeptoLab, you’ll drift around the track and speed past friends for the win!
- In Zombie Rescue Squad from PikPok, your squad will rescue survivors in a zombie-infested city.
- In Alphabear Hustle from Spry Fox, you’ll collaborate to form words – fast! – to build your village.
You might also like
More from Snapchat
The new Ticketmaster Snap Mini will allow Snapchat users to find nearby events on the map, and tap on them …
Snapchat is introducing a new way to keep track of where your friends are by seeing their real-time location on …
Snapchat will now let you change your old username without compromising aspects of your account, like friends list, Snap codes, …
Snapchat has announced the beta test of mid-roll ads in Snap Star Stories, a new monetization feature for creators.
Snapchat has improved its AR shopping Lens offering by adding new Shopping Lenses that display details about products.
Snapchat is updating its app with new tweaks to personalize the in-app experience and make it more fun and engaging.
The holiday market will feature AR experiences from Coca-Cola, Hollister, Prime Video, Under Armour, Verizon, and Walmart.
Snapchat's new "Multiple Formats" delivery option will allow advertisers to combine multiple video ad formats into a single ad set.
After a new deal with Sony Music, Snapchat is expanding its Sounds library and testing new audio formats and tools.