Kids and Internet could potentially be a dangerous combination. The compound becomes even more explosive when Social Media is inserted in the equation. However, it’s an undeniable fact that kids are more accustomed with all things technology than any other generation.
Also Read: [Infographic] The History of Selfie
We came across this infographic by FashionPlaytes that provides us with some information about the social media usage by kids. The stats are a revelation:
- 95% of teens are using the internet and 81% percent of them are active users on Social Media
- 21% of kids under 13 are subscribed to (at least) one social networking site
- 48% of girls between 6-12 have a mobile phone, while 51% of them have a smartphone (!)
- Youtube is the social network of choice for kids.
Have a look at the following infographic and leave your comments.
Do you think social media are a safe enough environment for kids?
- LinkedIn is the Social Network to Interact with Recruiters
- 4 Ways Brands Can Appeal to Millennials
- Introducing Instagram Direct
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
In this month’s social media experiment, we set out to find out whether posting YouTube links on other platforms results …
Do longer Instagram Reels captions generate more engagement? Amanda Wood, Senior Social Marketing Manager at Hootsuite, and her team find …
Does TikTok’s 7-second challenge generate more engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager and her team seek the answer.