Kids and Internet could potentially be a dangerous combination. The compound becomes even more explosive when Social Media is inserted in the equation. However, it’s an undeniable fact that kids are more accustomed with all things technology than any other generation.
Also Read: [Infographic] The History of Selfie
We came across this infographic by FashionPlaytes that provides us with some information about the social media usage by kids. The stats are a revelation:
- 95% of teens are using the internet and 81% percent of them are active users on Social Media
- 21% of kids under 13 are subscribed to (at least) one social networking site
- 48% of girls between 6-12 have a mobile phone, while 51% of them have a smartphone (!)
- Youtube is the social network of choice for kids.
Have a look at the following infographic and leave your comments.
Do you think social media are a safe enough environment for kids?
- LinkedIn is the Social Network to Interact with Recruiters
- 4 Ways Brands Can Appeal to Millennials
- Introducing Instagram Direct
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing and Head of Social Impact at Hootsuite, looks at five important social trends that …
In this article, Hootsuite CTO Ryan Donovan discusses advancements in social commerce, the growing privacy battle, and more 2021 social …
Here are three Facebook Blueprint courses to help you get useful information from insights on how your business is performing …