Pinterest will celebrate its 4th birthday in March. And although its growth is nothing less than impressive, we sometimes feel it still does not get the attention it deserves from marketers.
Also Read: See Pinterest’s Top Pins for 2013
Pinterest is the fourth largest traffic source in the world. Did you know that it drives more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined?
Here are some interesting stats:
- – American users spent an average of 97.8 minutes on Pinterest.
- – 80% of Pinterest’s users are female.
- – 30% of Pinterest users are women 25-34 years old.
- – Over 80% of pins are repins.
- – A call-to-action pin description sees an 80% increase in engagement.
- – Tutorial & guide/DIY & recipe pins see a 42% higher click-through rate than other pin types.
- – Pins related to trending topics see an average of 94% increase in click-throughs.
- – The best time to pin during the day is between 2 and 4 PM EST.
- – The best time to pin in the evening is between 8 PM and 1 AM EST.
And now check out the infographic built by Inbound Pro:
Now, using these tips and info, do you think you can still ignore the power of pinterest for your digital marketing strategy?
Do you have any good examples of successful pins to share?
- The Top Twitter Trends Around The World
- The Impact of Photos on Facebook Engagement
- 11 Ways to Make Your Video Go Viral on YouTube
More from Experts Talk
Getting your app downloaded can be a challenge. Here’s how to use Facebook ads to effectively promote and increase your …