After revealing the the most epic 360-degree videos on Facebook in 2015, Facebook released the list of the top 20 destinations that its users checked in the most, during 2015.
From the States to Europe, to Thailand and Brazil, the list could be used as the definitive guide for those who wish to visit and experience the best places across the globe. It may mean that you will have to hop on and off of planes constantly, however it will help you cross out many from your bucket list. So, without further ado, here are the 20 most checked-in places for 2015.
- Disney Properties
- Universal Studios Properties
- Times Square, New York City
- Eiffel Tower, in Paris, France
- Niagara Falls, in Canada and USA
- Siam Paragon, a shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand, one of the largest shopping centres in Asia.
- Grand Canyon National Park, United States’ 15th oldest national park and UNESCO World Heritage
- Yosemite National Park, visited by over 3.7 million people each yer, to view its spectacular cliffs, waterfalls, clear streams and biological diversity
- The Louvre, in Paris, France
- Central Park, in NYC
- Beto Carrero World, the biggest theme park in Latin America, located in Penha, Brazil
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, a major film and media complex owned by Warner Bros
- Gardens by the Bay, adjacent to Marina Bay Sands in Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands, in Singapore
- Ibirapuera Park, a major urban park in São Paulo, Brazil
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Madison Square Park, in New York City
- Santa Monica Pier, a prominent, 100-year-old landmark
- Camp Nou, the home of FC Barcelona since 1957
- Expo Milano 2015, a very popular exhibition taking place in the famous Italian city. Open from May 1, 2015 until October 31, 2015, the exhibition embraced technology, innovation, culture, traditions and creativity, and how they relate to food and diet. The expo attracted over 22 million visitors.
Where did you check in most during 2015? Which was the strangest place you checked in?
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook is launching new initiatives for Horizon creators, including a new $10M Creator Fund to support the creator and developer …
Facebook is testing a new option allowing users to share a post with multiple groups at once, contradicting to past …
Facebook Messenger partnered with Dr. Papadopoulos to help users maintain emotional well-being through Messenger’s privacy features.
Facebook’s Transparency Center has detailed a list of 28 types of offensive posts that see their reach reduced in News …
Facebook is welcoming two new additions to the Portal family and launching Portal for Business with new Work Accounts.
Facebook is offering two new ways for eligible small and medium businesses in the US to access capital more easily.
A new academic study found that misinformation on Facebook received six times more engagement than real news.
Facebook has released its Ray-Ban Stories smart glasses, capable of recording videos, taking photos, and even playing music.