After revealing the the most epic 360-degree videos on Facebook in 2015, Facebook released the list of the top 20 destinations that its users checked in the most, during 2015.
From the States to Europe, to Thailand and Brazil, the list could be used as the definitive guide for those who wish to visit and experience the best places across the globe. It may mean that you will have to hop on and off of planes constantly, however it will help you cross out many from your bucket list. So, without further ado, here are the 20 most checked-in places for 2015.
- Disney Properties
- Universal Studios Properties
- Times Square, New York City
- Eiffel Tower, in Paris, France
- Niagara Falls, in Canada and USA
- Siam Paragon, a shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand, one of the largest shopping centres in Asia.
- Grand Canyon National Park, United States’ 15th oldest national park and UNESCO World Heritage
- Yosemite National Park, visited by over 3.7 million people each yer, to view its spectacular cliffs, waterfalls, clear streams and biological diversity
- The Louvre, in Paris, France
- Central Park, in NYC
- Beto Carrero World, the biggest theme park in Latin America, located in Penha, Brazil
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, a major film and media complex owned by Warner Bros
- Gardens by the Bay, adjacent to Marina Bay Sands in Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands, in Singapore
- Ibirapuera Park, a major urban park in São Paulo, Brazil
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Madison Square Park, in New York City
- Santa Monica Pier, a prominent, 100-year-old landmark
- Camp Nou, the home of FC Barcelona since 1957
- Expo Milano 2015, a very popular exhibition taking place in the famous Italian city. Open from May 1, 2015 until October 31, 2015, the exhibition embraced technology, innovation, culture, traditions and creativity, and how they relate to food and diet. The expo attracted over 22 million visitors.
Where did you check in most during 2015? Which was the strangest place you checked in?
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook Gaming is scaling its cloud gaming infrastructure and announcing an expansion of its games library and availability.
Facebook has announced several new shopping updates across its apps, including the expansion of Shops to WhatsApp and Marketplace.
Facebook has announced the official launch of Live Audio Rooms, one of the social audio features it announced recently.
Facebook has announced several new features that will help Group admins manage and moderate their groups more effectively.
After announcing the test of ads in the Oculus mobile app, Facebook will now also start testing in-headset ads within Oculus …