Facebook has launched a Messenger app for macOS and Windows so you can video chat on your computer and stay connected with friends and family while you work.
The timing seems right.
Using technology to stay in touch with our loves ones is more important than ever. And while our world has definitely turned mobile-first, we still spend a decent amount of time on our desktop computers. That’s just the way it is with work.
Now, with Facebook Messenger apps for MacOS and Windows, the best of Messenger is coming to your desktop, including unlimited and free group video calls.
Here are the main features:
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
You might also like
More from Facebook
In response to criticism about its efforts to combat hate speech, Facebook has shared reports, statistics, and tools it use …
Facebook announced the launch of its Novi digital wallet, which will allow users to make and receive free instant international …
Facebook is celebrating the five years of Marketplace with more features that help people shop more easily and responsibly on …
Facebook is making a big expansion into building the metaverse with the creation of 10,000 new jobs at Facebook across …
Instagram is bringing Reels Ads placements to its Marketing API, available on all current Marketing API versions - without an …
Ahead of the holiday shopping season, Facebook has announced daily Live Shopping experiences and the return of #BuyBlack Friday.
Facebook has announced the date for its 2021 Communities Summit to bring together community builders, announce new features, and more.
Facebook is launching new initiatives for Horizon creators, including a new $10M Creator Fund to support the creator and developer …