Facebook has launched a Messenger app for macOS and Windows so you can video chat on your computer and stay connected with friends and family while you work.
The timing seems right.
Using technology to stay in touch with our loves ones is more important than ever. And while our world has definitely turned mobile-first, we still spend a decent amount of time on our desktop computers. That’s just the way it is with work.
Now, with Facebook Messenger apps for MacOS and Windows, the best of Messenger is coming to your desktop, including unlimited and free group video calls.
Here are the main features:
- Group video calls on a larger screen. Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect. You don’t need to know someone’s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking. Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications. You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat you’re looking for. But you’re in control — you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop. You’ll never miss a call or message no matter what device you’re using.
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen. Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
You might also like
More from Facebook
DoorDash is partnering with Meta to pilot Facebook Marketplace deliveries across multiple cities in the U.S.Drivers will only transport items …