Facebook has created a new Facebook Community Manager Certification Program available to users through Facebook Blueprint.
As part of its effort to support community managers, Facebook is announcing a new Facebook Community Manager Certification Program that will serve as a resource for community managers so that they can prepare for the final certification. The online course is totally free through Facebook Blueprint, but there is a fee for the actual certification exam. This is generally the case for all Facebook certifications.
The course was created for community managers “across a range of business types, from agencies and brands to nonprofits and NGOs,” and the certification “will measure the comprehension and application of best practices and standards for online community management.”
Facebook Blueprint certification badges are recognized across various industries and can help community managers stand out as experts in their field.
Certification topics on the course include:
- Defining and establishing a community: Building an online community, community goals, and community guiding principles.
- Developing community strategies and processes: Best practices for managing audiences, tapping into the platform, building a brand, launching effectively, building and supporting your team, nurturing strong partnerships, and developing efficient operational workflows.
- Making strategic content decisions for a community: Serving up relevant content, keeping track of trends, and planning goal-driven activities.
- Engaging and moderating a community: Understanding the onboarding process for new members, community operations, member-to-member connections, engagement tactics, community standards, and terms of service, as well as safely and thoughtfully handling crises and conflicts.
- Measuring and analyzing community success: Content performance, feedback collection, data reporting, and sustainability.
When completing the certification exam, professionals get a badge certifying them for their competency in community management, and the badge is valid for 24 months. Individuals who earn the certification also get access to an exclusive Facebook Group where they can connect with other certified community managers.
The certification is available in English on Facebook Blueprint and will be available in other languages soon.
OH, and by the way, we are still looking to hire a CM. Apply here.
You might also like
More from Facebook
Facebook was expecting a traffic spike on its apps over New Year's Eve, but this year broke all previous records …
Facebook is running newspaper ads newspapers criticizing Apple for its policy giving iOS users the choice of whether they want …
Facebook Collab is a new experimental music-making app available in the US, that lets you create music with friends.
Facebook is rolling out it s Brand Collabs Manager to public groups this week, giving them a new opportunity for …
Forty-eight attorneys general and the Federal Trade Commission say Facebook Needs To Sell Instagram And WhatsApp.
Facebook is rolling out several updates to US-based dealership Pages to make it easier for auto dealers to showcase and …
Facebook's Oversight Board has announced the selection of its first six cases to review - five user appeals and one …
Facebook has announced the acquisition of Kustomer, a CRM solution that lets businesses manage customer interactions across all channels.