Facebook has created a new Facebook Community Manager Certification Program available to users through Facebook Blueprint.
As part of its effort to support community managers, Facebook is announcing a new Facebook Community Manager Certification Program that will serve as a resource for community managers so that they can prepare for the final certification. The online course is totally free through Facebook Blueprint, but there is a fee for the actual certification exam. This is generally the case for all Facebook certifications.
The course was created for community managers “across a range of business types, from agencies and brands to nonprofits and NGOs,” and the certification “will measure the comprehension and application of best practices and standards for online community management.”
Facebook Blueprint certification badges are recognized across various industries and can help community managers stand out as experts in their field.
Certification topics on the course include:
- Defining and establishing a community: Building an online community, community goals, and community guiding principles.
- Developing community strategies and processes: Best practices for managing audiences, tapping into the platform, building a brand, launching effectively, building and supporting your team, nurturing strong partnerships, and developing efficient operational workflows.
- Making strategic content decisions for a community: Serving up relevant content, keeping track of trends, and planning goal-driven activities.
- Engaging and moderating a community: Understanding the onboarding process for new members, community operations, member-to-member connections, engagement tactics, community standards, and terms of service, as well as safely and thoughtfully handling crises and conflicts.
- Measuring and analyzing community success: Content performance, feedback collection, data reporting, and sustainability.
When completing the certification exam, professionals get a badge certifying them for their competency in community management, and the badge is valid for 24 months. Individuals who earn the certification also get access to an exclusive Facebook Group where they can connect with other certified community managers.
The certification is available in English on Facebook Blueprint and will be available in other languages soon.
OH, and by the way, we are still looking to hire a CM. Apply here.
You might also like
More from Facebook
Instagram is bringing Reels Ads placements to its Marketing API, available on all current Marketing API versions - without an …
Ahead of the holiday shopping season, Facebook has announced daily Live Shopping experiences and the return of #BuyBlack Friday.
Facebook has announced the date for its 2021 Communities Summit to bring together community builders, announce new features, and more.
Facebook is launching new initiatives for Horizon creators, including a new $10M Creator Fund to support the creator and developer …
Facebook is testing a new option allowing users to share a post with multiple groups at once, contradicting to past …
Facebook Messenger partnered with Dr. Papadopoulos to help users maintain emotional well-being through Messenger’s privacy features.
Facebook’s Transparency Center has detailed a list of 28 types of offensive posts that see their reach reduced in News …
Facebook is welcoming two new additions to the Portal family and launching Portal for Business with new Work Accounts.
Facebook is offering two new ways for eligible small and medium businesses in the US to access capital more easily.