Facebook has created a new Facebook Community Manager Certification Program available to users through Facebook Blueprint.
As part of its effort to support community managers, Facebook is announcing a new Facebook Community Manager Certification Program that will serve as a resource for community managers so that they can prepare for the final certification. The online course is totally free through Facebook Blueprint, but there is a fee for the actual certification exam. This is generally the case for all Facebook certifications.
The course was created for community managers “across a range of business types, from agencies and brands to nonprofits and NGOs,” and the certification “will measure the comprehension and application of best practices and standards for online community management.”
Facebook Blueprint certification badges are recognized across various industries and can help community managers stand out as experts in their field.
Certification topics on the course include:
- Defining and establishing a community: Building an online community, community goals, and community guiding principles.
- Developing community strategies and processes: Best practices for managing audiences, tapping into the platform, building a brand, launching effectively, building and supporting your team, nurturing strong partnerships, and developing efficient operational workflows.
- Making strategic content decisions for a community: Serving up relevant content, keeping track of trends, and planning goal-driven activities.
- Engaging and moderating a community: Understanding the onboarding process for new members, community operations, member-to-member connections, engagement tactics, community standards, and terms of service, as well as safely and thoughtfully handling crises and conflicts.
- Measuring and analyzing community success: Content performance, feedback collection, data reporting, and sustainability.
When completing the certification exam, professionals get a badge certifying them for their competency in community management, and the badge is valid for 24 months. Individuals who earn the certification also get access to an exclusive Facebook Group where they can connect with other certified community managers.
The certification is available in English on Facebook Blueprint and will be available in other languages soon.
OH, and by the way, we are still looking to hire a CM. Apply here.
You might also like
More from Facebook
Late last month, Facebook announced it's removing the 28-day attribution window in Facebook Ads. The change is effective as of …
Facebook has announced it's bringing Netflix, Zoom, new titles to its Story Time library, AR stories, and more to its …
After launching its Forecast app in June, Facebook NPE is now making the app available to all users in the …
Facebook is starting to expand Brand Collabs Manager (BCM) to include Public Groups in a bid to help communities collaborate …
Facebook has announced that Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Warner Bros. are bringing new content to the Watch Together feature on …