Join our team! We are currently hiring a part-time social media manager for the US market.
We are looking for a passionate, creative storyteller for our Social Media Manager position. This person will develop strategy, create content, manage day-to-day social posting, engage with our community, and optimize social media activity. The role works collaboratively with editorial to promote content they are creating daily on wersm.com.
Along with a passion for storytelling and attention to detail, the candidate must have in-depth social media experience, as well as knowledge and understanding of pop culture and current affairs.
This role is intended for someone with strong writing skills, creative mindset, familiarity with analytics tools, and enthusiasm for joining a fast-paced team.
- Manage day-to-day posting, editing, and optimization of content on multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Engage with our community
- Master WeRSM’s editorial voice
- Work closely with the editorial team to promote stories across social platforms
- Create content to promote through social platforms that speaks in WeRSM’s voice
- Build creative assets for Facebook and Instagram Stories
- Report on content performance and present social insights and best practices to the editorial team
- Make daily recommendations to the editorial team
- Adjust social strategy according to KPI pacing
- Create social editorial calendar of cool things we should consider covering
- Manage our newsletter list/audience, send out mailers, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with social media platforms
- Enthusiastic and excited about developments around social media and digital marketing as a whole
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly responsible and flexible
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Basic understanding of analytics and experience optimizing content
- Sound editorial judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail
- An enthusiastic work ethic
- An established ability to synthesize and communicate information quickly
- Must be able to provide writing samples
- Additional Skills
- Basic photo- and image-editing using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Video editing is a PLUS
What happens next?
If you are interested in this position, please apply here, and we will review your application as soon as possible.
Note that this job is open to US residents only.
Please include your resume, cover letter, and sample social writing.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
Due to COVID, we are all working remotely.
You might also like
More from Jobs
This week, Royal Caribbean has officially opened applications for their new 'Shore Explorer' apprenticeship program - where one lucky winner …