Facebook has announced several new free online community building courses as part of its Community Manager eLearning Program.
Facebook wants to help people build communities, and community managers play an important role in building, growing, and maintaining these online communities. So, to support community managers, the social network has launched its Community Manager eLearning Program – a series of free courses serving as a “holistic guide to community management.”
The program offers insight on everything, “from building the foundation of a community, to measuring and analyzing a community’s success” and is designed to help community managers learn how to build, scale, and sustain online communities.
The lessons apply to a range of topics that apply to professionals of all levels, including nonprofits, NGOs, agencies, and brands. Furthermore, the courses can be used by educators and students who may be interested in community management.
According to a recent announcement, the program curriculum covers the following areas:
- Defining and establishing a community: Building an online community, community goals, and community guiding principles.
- Developing community strategies and processes: Best practices for managing audiences, tapping into the platform, building a brand, launching effectively, building and supporting your team, and nurturing strong partnerships, as well as developing efficient operational workflows.
- Making strategic content decisions for a community: Serving up relevant content, keeping track of trends, and planning goal-driven activities.
- Engaging and moderating a community: Understanding the onboarding process for new members, community operations, member-to-member connections, engagement tactics, community standards, and terms of service, as well as safely and thoughtfully handling crises and conflicts.
- Measuring and analyzing community success: Content performance, feedback collection, data reporting, and sustainability.
You might also like
More from Featured
TikTok and its parent company ByteDance have been conducting tests on video games in Vietnam. The objective: keep young users …
Netflix has released the first eight minutes of Stranger Things Season 4 on YouTube. The show will debut on May …
To celebrate its 3rd birthday and hitting 1 million followers @shop will launch an exclusive pop-up store in NYC.Instagram launched @shop …
Does TikTok’s 7-second challenge generate more engagement? Hootsuite's Senior Social Marketing Manager and her team seek the answer.