Facebook has announced several new free online community building courses as part of its Community Manager eLearning Program.
Facebook wants to help people build communities, and community managers play an important role in building, growing, and maintaining these online communities. So, to support community managers, the social network has launched its Community Manager eLearning Program – a series of free courses serving as a “holistic guide to community management.”
The program offers insight on everything, “from building the foundation of a community, to measuring and analyzing a community’s success” and is designed to help community managers learn how to build, scale, and sustain online communities.
The lessons apply to a range of topics that apply to professionals of all levels, including nonprofits, NGOs, agencies, and brands. Furthermore, the courses can be used by educators and students who may be interested in community management.
According to a recent announcement, the program curriculum covers the following areas:
- Defining and establishing a community: Building an online community, community goals, and community guiding principles.
- Developing community strategies and processes: Best practices for managing audiences, tapping into the platform, building a brand, launching effectively, building and supporting your team, and nurturing strong partnerships, as well as developing efficient operational workflows.
- Making strategic content decisions for a community: Serving up relevant content, keeping track of trends, and planning goal-driven activities.
- Engaging and moderating a community: Understanding the onboarding process for new members, community operations, member-to-member connections, engagement tactics, community standards, and terms of service, as well as safely and thoughtfully handling crises and conflicts.
- Measuring and analyzing community success: Content performance, feedback collection, data reporting, and sustainability.
You might also like
More from Featured
Kanye is a talented man, no doubt. But his latest dream of uniting adidas and Nike for a collaboration seems …
Amazon Luna will work seamlessly with Amazon-owned content streaming service Twitch, creating a new gaming powerhouse.
Instagram Reels can now be double in length, get a 10-second timer, and also become easier to edit on your …
Pinterest announced a few updates for creators, including Story Pins in beta, a new creator profile, updated analytics, and more.
This year has been (still is) very unpredictable. So Diesel launched “Unforgettable Denim” to celebrate all the things you did …
Another app from Area 120, Google's in-house incubator for experimental projects. Welcome Tables, a work tracking tool for teams.