It was three days ago, when Ben Silbermann, CEO & Co-Founder of Pinterest shared his initials thoughts about entering the world of Promoted Pins!
As he explained, the initiative is at the very beginning, and the first step is to start experimenting by promoting certain pins from a small group of companies and businesses.
As Silbermann states: Promoted Pins,
1. Are not going to be another banner ad
2. Are not going to be flashy, but tasteful
3. Are going to be transparent, as every user will view if someone paid for what he/she sees
4. Are going to be relevant and according to the user’s taste! (so, if you like gaming, you are not going to see promoted Pins about cooking (I ask, “why not?”)
5. Are going to be based on a user’s feedback, improving their quality all the time
At this point, Pinterest has started promoting a few pins in search results and category feeds, but nobody (no company) is paying for anything yet, as the the platform tries to gather data and feedback.
We just hope that we are not going to be bombarded with awful ads. After all, Pinterest has proved its quality and its devotion to good aesthetics so far! Crossed fingers!
- The Pinterest Power of Women
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Promote Tweets
- How You Can Use Social Media to Increase In-store Sales
You might also like
More from Pinterest
People are already planning for the Holiday season and Pinterest has launched a "holiday hub" to help marketers start to …
Pinterest is introducing a new feature called shopping spotlights that brings expert recommendations from influencers and publishers directly to consumers.
Pinterest has launched several new features that make planning recipes, virtual events, and future activities easier and more automated.
Pinterest and Shopify are launching a new app that enables merchants to easily upload their product catalogs and turn products …
Pinterest has announced an expansion to its Pinterest Partners program, with more companies that can help you with anything from …
Pinterest has announced the launch of a new collection of products on The Pinterest Shop to support small, sustainable brands …