What is the age of social media users? The answer comes from Statista, a database of statistics and studies. The following chart, found on Mashable shows some very interesting trends. Let’s have a look:
Important things that are worth pointing out:
- Facebook is the second social network in terms of growth in all age groups. This could signify a “plateau” in its development in the near future.
- Twitter is the leading social media network in age group 25-34, followed closely by Linkedin.
- Linkedin is the network of choice for ages between 35-44 and 45-54, which also coincides with the periods during which career changes and establishment happen.
- Facebook seems to loose its connection with young adults and show a significant rise in ages 45-54, as people are getting more and more accustomed with technology and social media terminology.
- 2/3 of Twitter users are between 25 and 44, which may be a sign that the social network is not yet established in young ages.
What do you think of this analysis? Do you agree?
- Naughty or Nice? The Answer is in Your Tweets
- Sir Lord Darth Vader and Star Wars Join Instagram
- How to Effectively Engage with Social Leads on Twitter
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.