The world of digital marketing is changing fast and new trends are forming every day. Marketers need to have a thorough idea of the landscape and adjust their strategy accordingly. So what are the important stats we need to know?
At the end of 2014, 40% of the world’s population had access tο internet, that is 3 billion people. What’s most impressive is that the online population in developing countries has doubled in the past 5 years – a huge opportunity for social networks to expand their reach.
While PCs and laptops are still the most popular device for internet access, smartphones are following closely; Marketers can no longer ignore the mobile channel.
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
Key Points To Take Away
- – Only 34% of organisations have compiled a digital marketing strategy that’s incorporated into their marketing strategy.
- – The majority of organisations have not implemented any kind of digital transformation programme that will help them embrace the digital channels.
- – Most organisations do not invest in trying, iterating and optimising the digital marketing efforts that drive ROI.
Do you want to see more stats? Check the infographic below:
- 5 Common Content Marketing Mistakes Your Business May Be Making
- The Guide To Successful Marketing On Facebook In 2015
- This Is How You Should Be Doing Digital Marketing in 2015
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.