Α small but important update emerged these days which allows Google+ users to import their videos on Youtube directly, establishing and additional binding between the two social networks. This change comes after the somewhat-failed attempt to improve the commenting system.
The new functionality is visible on the right hand side column, on the “upload” screen. From that point on, if users chose to import videos from Google+, they will be shown an upload screen where there are 3 options available:
- – All Videos, where users can see all the videos that have been uploaded to their Google+ account.
- – Auto-Backup, where users can see the videos that have been saved in this particular app.
- – Albums, where users can select videos uploaded to the Google+ profiles’ albums.
Once you’ve chosen one or several videos click ‘Select‘ and the import process will start. At that time, you’ll be able to change the title, description and/or modify the privacy settings. After the upload is complete, the standard improvement tools will be available for further manipulation, such as Auto-Awesome Movies.
Although some considerations have been raised regarding the creation of duplicate videos, one may argue that because of the fact that Youtube is considerably more popular than Google+, the latter may be used as a “backup network” , while Youtube may be regarded as the primary sharing network.
- New Tools To Promote Facebook Events
- Create Amazing Timelapse Videos With Instagram Hyperlapse
- Videos Can Do Miracles for Your Inbound Marketing [Infographic]
More from Google
Google Payment has received an e-money license to operate in the European Union, paving the way to expand its financial …
Google is letting users test their knowledge of 2018's searches by gamifying its Search Trends for the first time ever.
People watch over a billion hours of video on YouTube every day. Three major trends emerge to show what people …