In a previous post, we talked about the significance of the latest trend: Getting Visual on Social Media!
The same applies, more or less, to Twitter new inline images, where you don’t need to click on the link and expand an image, because it’s already expanded for you.
The most important thing though, is that such a simple thing will automatically increase traffic to your tweet.
As the social media scientist Dan Zarella claimed in research prior to this change: Tweets that use pic.twitter.com links, are 94% more likely to be retweeted, while ones who included Instagram links were less likely to be retweeted, as you need an extra click!
It seems logical to see this increase, as we are getting more and more energetic, and we tend to consume visual information much faster.
Remember that in order to use inline images on Twitter, you will need to do the following:
1. Upload your image directly to Twitter, using a pic.twitter.com URL
2. If you Tweet a Vine, you’ll also see it inline, on Twitter.com or in the official Twitter apps for iOS and Android
3. Always use titles in the Tweets that refer to the inline image. It is better for your followers to have a pre-understanding of what is about to follow
So Twitter fans, what do you think about this development?
- Visual Web – The Next Big Thing
- 10 Ways to Get More Followers on Twitter
- Now Twitter Lets You Schedule Tweets
More from Twitter
As part of its effort to get close to publishers, Twitter has launched Twitter Media, a website for publishers to …
Twitter has made its in-stream video ads product available to advertisers in the US and 11 other global markets through …
Not even a week has passed since GDPR came into force, and it's affecting quite a few Twitter users who …