Welcome to the latest edition of this week’s top social media trends! Twitter will promote everything you do for $99/month, Converse does Millenial marketing and Facebook updates Messenger.
Twitter does not know how to get more advertising dollars spent on its platform. In fact, Twitter does not know how to get more advertisers on its platform. But now they are trying something new: a monthly flat fee to promote both your profile and tweets. Targeted at small businesses, this new offer could well sign the future of Twitter as a platform.
My favourite creative campaign of the week comes from the US. Converse is prepping up its marketing for #BackToSchool and the brand chose to target its Millenial audience with 32 reaction GIFs featuring Millie Bobby Brown, the star of Netflix’s Stranger Things. Awesome, right?
Check this week’s top stories now!
- • Facebook Brings Changes For Video Content Creators And Distributors
- • Converse Just Proved It Really Gets Marketing For Millenials
- • Twitter Will Promote Your Profile And Tweets For Just $99 A Month
- • Facebook Updates Messenger Platform To Version 2.1
- • Pinterest Is The New Search Engine
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media trends. Enjoy the week ahead!
And if you want to catch up on our latest interview with Elliott Murray: