The thing about copyright is that it is actually very hard to clearly understand how it works. And when it comes to the Internet, copyright can also be difficult to police. But it exists, and it is actually a good thing as it protects authors and creators. So what can you do to make sure what you do online doesn’t break the rules of copyright? Well, the first step is to find out what it is really about.
The nice guys at WhoIsHostingThis have put together an infographic that will help you understand what copyright is, where it comes from, why it exists and how it has evolved with the Internet.
Key Points To Take Away
- – Always check for copyright before using any material which is not your own
- – As a general rule, if it is not explicitly stated as free for reuse, assume material is copyrighted
- – Copyright rules vary a lot from country to country – check with your local authorities
- – When required, always mention your sources when sharing material which is not your own
Now check the full infographic from WhoIsHostingThis:
- Tumblr Makes It Easier To Explore Its 214 Million Blogs
- Facebook Updates Trending News Section
- Verified Accounts Come To Instagram
More from Experts Talk
Here are just six steps you can take to maximise your time and make sure that your Facebook Ad campaigns …
Buffer and Delmondo analysed 15,000 Instagram Stories from 200 of the world's top brands, just so you won't have to. …