The thing about copyright is that it is actually very hard to clearly understand how it works. And when it comes to the Internet, copyright can also be difficult to police. But it exists, and it is actually a good thing as it protects authors and creators. So what can you do to make sure what you do online doesn’t break the rules of copyright? Well, the first step is to find out what it is really about.
The nice guys at WhoIsHostingThis have put together an infographic that will help you understand what copyright is, where it comes from, why it exists and how it has evolved with the Internet.
Key Points To Take Away
- – Always check for copyright before using any material which is not your own
- – As a general rule, if it is not explicitly stated as free for reuse, assume material is copyrighted
- – Copyright rules vary a lot from country to country – check with your local authorities
- – When required, always mention your sources when sharing material which is not your own
Now check the full infographic from WhoIsHostingThis:
- Tumblr Makes It Easier To Explore Its 214 Million Blogs
- Facebook Updates Trending News Section
- Verified Accounts Come To Instagram
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Here are three Facebook Blueprint courses to help you get useful information from insights on how your business is performing …
With the holiday season approaching, the time has come to put together the perfect multichannel ad strategy. This post will …
Here are three free Facebook Blueprint courses to help you set up your own shop on Facebook and Instagram.
Here are three free Facebook Blueprint courses that will help you create more impactful ad visuals that get your audience's …