Welcome to the latest edition of this week’s top social media trends! Instagram will make you follow hashtags, Facebook introduces collaborative Stories and Twitter ads more characters.. to your display name.
Instagram is about to become even more of a content discovery tool. The platform is reportedly testing a new feature that allows users to follow hashtags. And that is a big deal.
On the Facebook side, this week saw the launch of the new collaborative Stories for Groups and Events. And while it keeps on saying al its features being copy/pasted on Facebook, Snapchat is thinking about a redesign… erm, what about innovation?
And you know who else is introducing new gimmicks every week instead of giving us what we really need? Twitter! The platform increased the character limit for display names (not usernames) to 50. Thank you, but I would rather like the ability to edit my tweets.
Check this week’s top stories now!
- • You Will Soon Be Able To Follow Hashtags On Instagram
- • Facebook To Introduce Collaborative Stories For Groups And Events
- • Facebook Makes Campaign Budget Optimisation Available On All Objectives
- • Snapchat’s Redesign May Be Coming As Early As December
- • TWITTER: Your Display Name Can Now Be Up To 50 Characters
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media trends. Enjoy the week ahead!