Welcome to the latest edition of this week’s top social media trends! Snapchat has an amazing new ad product, Google enters the world of (tech) fashion and Facebook brings us group payments in Messenger.
If you work for retailers, then you will remember this week as when Snapchat opened up the door to a marketer’s dream: in-store conversions with social media. I know, many will say that it is far from perfect, but it works! And I, for one, believe this is a big deal!
But it is still not all going well for Snapchat. This week Instagram announced it now has over 200 million daily active users, and that makes the feature bigger than the whole of Snapchat… only 8 months after Stories were introduced!
On other news this week, Facebook has updated its video metric page, launched group payments for Messenger and Google is playing tech god in the Fashion industry, oh my!
- • Snapchat’s New Ad Product Targets In-Store Conversions
- • New Facebook Video Metrics In Page Insights
- • Google And H&M’s Ivyrevel Use Your Mobile Data To Create Your #OOTD
- • Facebook Announces Group Payments Between Friends On Messenger
- • Instagram Stories Already Count More Users Than Snapchat
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media trends! Enjoy the week ahead!