Welcome to this week’s top social media stories: A new dating app, a new TikTok clone, a new look for YouTube and no more likes on Instagram.
The day has come: Instagram has started testing removing likes globally. As you can imagine, feelings differ depending on if you are a user, a Creator or a marketer. While first results are showing a decrease in overall engagement, users seem to be welcoming of the new “like-free” feed.
But Instagram was also busy “cloning” TikTok this week, with the launch of the long-awaited “Reels” in Brazil.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Instagram Is Testing Hiding Likes Globally Now
- YouTube Introduces A New Look On Desktop And Tablets
- S’more Is A New Dating App That Is About “Something More” Than Physical Attraction
- Instagram Launches Reels, A TikTok Clone
- WhatsApp Introduces Catalogs For Small Businesses
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.